Gibbston Valley is a large region with an abundance of wineries to choose from, each winery very unique from its neighbour.
Wine tastings, cave tour and mouthwatering lunch, a self guided biking experience to remember. Abundant in vineyards, cellar doors and spectacular river side scenery, this bike trip will have you riding high above the Kawarau River through the vineyards of the Gibbston Valley, take your time to amble along the bike trail stopping as you choose with plenty of time to sample the many cellar doors and delights that the best Central Otago wine region has to offer.
- 10:45am – Arrive at the specified bike shop to get fitted and sized for your bike and helmet
- 11:00am – Your driver will collect you at the bike shop and transfer you on a 30 minute scenic drive to the start of the wine region. In the van you’ll be given your trip tickets, a briefing on cycling safety, and import facts to know along the ride.
- 11:30am – dropped off in Arrowtown along the trails to start the journey into the wine region! Feel free to grab a coffee and cake in Arrowtown before hand
- 1:00pm – Your booked onto the Gibbston Valley Wine Cave Tour – if you miss the 1pm, you can join the 2pm – 5 wine tasting also included plus your pick of an additional 4 sample tasting tray.
- 2-5pm – Wood Fire Pizza and beer time at the Gibbston Tavern + 7 wine tasting at the cellar door next door at Rockburn!
- 6:15pm The driver will collect you at the Kinross Cellar Door – If you have not made it that far and the driver will pick you up at your desired location. A phone call must be made to the drive to give advance notice that you are not at Cargo Brewery (0800 BIKE TAXI | 0800 2453 8294)
Important Notice: If you have any dietary requirements, please inform the Gibbston Tavern upon arrival before ordering the pizza of your choice.
It is very difficult to bike with purchased wine bottles – our solution is buy the wine, leave it at the winery, and we’ll collect them on route back to Queenstown!